By Jeffrey T. Parsons
For years, the focal point of intercourse paintings examine has been on street-based female and male intercourse employees and the HIV-related dangers they pose to their consumers. modern examine on intercourse paintings strikes past the fundamental organization among intercourse paintings and unprotected intercourse to a fuller description of the various aspects of the whereas nonetheless pursuing a greater knowing of HIV chance between these operating the streets. the various ways during this certain publication contain distinctive sampling, qualitative and quantitative interviews, ethnographic interviews with key informants, utilizing intercourse employees as recruiters, and quasi-experimental intervention designs.
Contemporary examine on intercourse paintings dispels the thought that every one intercourse employees are prostitutes operating the streets, highlighting as a substitute numerous elements of intercourse paintings when it comes to gender, venue, and context. Social scientists from a number of disciplines current examine accrued from around the usa, Cambodia, the Philippines, Argentina, and Canada that displays the efforts to discover interventions and courses designed to enhance the social and actual lives of male, lady, and transgender intercourse workersand their consumers. The publication examines how varied situations ascertain varied problems with energy, regulate, wellbeing and fitness, social functioning, psychological healthiness, and HIV/STI danger each one intercourse employee faces.
Contemporary study on intercourse paintings examines:
- condom use by means of transgender woman intercourse workers
- the organization among psychological future health concerns and unprotected intercourse
- the effect of structural intervention in decreasing biologically sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- the hidden inhabitants of girls who solicit consumers in inner most destinations off the street
- stigma resistance between male intercourse employees in Canada
- the connection among formative years sexual abuse and next involvement in intercourse work
- well-being companies between male intercourse employees in Argentina
- how the intersection among race/ethnicity impacts woman intercourse staff in Los Angeles
- how intercourse employees take care of the negativity that surrounds their profession
- job-related hazard and security for intercourse employees in Canada
- criminal issues and coverage issues
- and lots more and plenty more!
Contemporary learn on intercourse paintings is your advisor to the subsequent iteration of intercourse paintings examine, highlighting the necessity to comprehend intercourse paintings as paintings. The publication is a necessary source for researchers within the fields of intercourse examine, intercourse paintings, and HIV/AIDS prevention, and for clinicians who paintings with these excited by the industry.
Read or Download Contemporary Research on Sex Work PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
This e-book is ready ladies in heterosexual marriages who become aware of or come to phrases with their lesbianism or bisexuality. It solutions questions corresponding to how ladies make this discovery, what they do when they notice their same-gender sexuality, how friends and family take care of the location, and what occurs to marriages and households.
What variations and similarities exist at paintings among lesbian ladies in a variety of careers all over the world? Lesbians and paintings: the benefits and downsides of 'Comfortable sneakers' solutions this significant query, offering revered specialists featuring qualitative learn ways to heavily learn lesbian women’s operating lives.
The interval of reform, revolution, and response that characterised 17th- and eighteenth-century Europe additionally witnessed an intensified curiosity in lesbians. In medical treatises and orientalist travelogues, in French court docket gossip and Dutch courtroom documents, in passionate verse, within the emerging novel, and in cross-dressed flirtations at the English and Spanish degree, poets, playwrights, philosophers, and physicians have been putting sapphic family members prior to the general public eye.
"It is a residing museum of a long-gone Jewish existence and, supposedly, a sworn statement to the good fortune of the French version of social integration. it's a communal domestic the place homosexual women and men are stated to face in defiance of the French version of social integration. it's a position of freedom and tolerance the place humans of colour and lesbians however suppose undesirable and the place younger Zionists from the suburbs assemble each Sunday and infrequently harass Arabs.
- Queer Youth and Media Cultures
- Making Gay Okay: How Rationalizing Homosexual Behavior Is Changing Everything
- A Thorn in the Flesh: How Gay Sexuality is Changing the Episcopal Church
- Coming Out and Disclosures: LGBT Persons Across the Life Span
Extra resources for Contemporary Research on Sex Work
Contemporary Research on Sex Work by Jeffrey T. Parsons