By Dawn Atkins
Bisexual girls within the Twenty-First Century examines:
- tensions among lesbians and bisexual ladies
- the moving position of bisexual girls in society
- using pores and skin colour as a charged metaphor
- the inclusion of bisexuality into queer idea
- groundbreaking new paintings on bisexual adolescence
- the inventive use of the sacred whore archetype
Bisexual girls within the Twenty-First Century is an important resource of social and political critique, and an essential source for a person drawn to the advanced dynamics of human sexuality, despite sexual orientation.
Read or Download Bisexual Women in the Twenty-First Century PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
This e-book is set girls in heterosexual marriages who observe or come to phrases with their lesbianism or bisexuality. It solutions questions reminiscent of how girls make this discovery, what they do when they become aware of their same-gender sexuality, how friends and family care for the placement, and what occurs to marriages and households.
What modifications and similarities exist at paintings among lesbian girls in a variety of careers all over the world? Lesbians and paintings: the benefits and drawbacks of 'Comfortable footwear' solutions this significant query, supplying revered professionals providing qualitative examine the right way to heavily research lesbian women’s operating lives.
The interval of reform, revolution, and response that characterised 17th- and eighteenth-century Europe additionally witnessed an intensified curiosity in lesbians. In medical treatises and orientalist travelogues, in French courtroom gossip and Dutch court docket files, in passionate verse, within the emerging novel, and in cross-dressed flirtations at the English and Spanish level, poets, playwrights, philosophers, and physicians have been putting sapphic family members sooner than the general public eye.
"It is a residing museum of a long-gone Jewish lifestyles and, supposedly, a sworn statement to the good fortune of the French version of social integration. it's a communal domestic the place homosexual women and men are stated to face in defiance of the French version of social integration. it's a position of freedom and tolerance the place humans of colour and lesbians however think undesirable and the place younger Zionists from the suburbs assemble each Sunday and infrequently harass Arabs.
- Queer Retrosexualities: The Politics of Reparative Return
- No Tea, No Shade: New Writings in Black Queer Studies
- Loves God Likes Girls: A Memoir
- Inclusive Masculinity: The Changing Nature of Masculinities (Routledge Research in Gender and Society)
- Sadomasochism: Powerful Pleasures (Journal of Homosexuality)
- Entertaining Lesbians: Celebrity, Sexuality, and Self-Invention
Extra resources for Bisexual Women in the Twenty-First Century
Bisexual Women in the Twenty-First Century by Dawn Atkins